Your instructor and Laugh ‘n; Pass Driving School
The Driving Instructor who conducts the driving lessons is self-employed and works with Laugh ‘n’ Pass as a person who pays for the referral of students. (Laugh ‘n’ Pass, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’).
Laugh ‘n’ Pass administration office acts purely as an agent for your instructor we generally receive payment for the initial two-hour lesson only, other payments are made directly by you to your instructor. Where Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving School makes bookings, supplies any information or documentation to you, or processes any payments for your lessons, they act as the agent of your instructor.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you (‘you’) and your instructor. The driving instructor being self-employed has the right to conduct business using their own roof sign with the business name to which they are registered with HMRC.
Your driving instructor may have their own terms and conditions that relate to the undertaking of driving lessons and their terms should be provided on the initial driving lesson. If your instructor does not provide terms you should ask to see them so you are fully aware. If the instructor does not have terms then they agree that they will abide by the conditions set out below and adhere to the same principles.
Tuition is only available to persons who meet the following criteria:
- Aged 17 or over or aged 16 or over and in receipt of the higher rate of Disability Living Allowance (mobility component); and
- hold a valid UK provisional driving licence; and
- legally entitled to drive in the UK.
You and your instructor are responsible for agreeing on all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
You must notify your instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to take driving lessons, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid UK provisional driving licence.
Cancellation of driving lessons
If you or your instructor wish to cancel a lesson a minimum of 48 hours prior notice should be given. If your instructor cancels a lesson without giving this minimum period of notice your instructor shall rearrange the lesson. Cancellations by you must be directly between you and your instructor.
If you do not give at least 48 hours’ notice of cancellation you will be charged for the lesson(s) concerned in full.
Please note that in the event of you having booked your driving test, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) stipulates that you need to give three clear working days to cancel your test. This may mean that you may/will lose your DVSA test fee if your instructor says you are not ready for test within this three-day notice period.
Timekeeping ,Traffic delays and Duration
Instructors cannot be held responsible for delays due to traffic delays. Any lesson start time that is running late, the pupil will be contacted by the instructor in advance. Where possible, the instructor will make up any lost time at the end of the current lesson or add to a future booking. Any loss of test fees, due to late arrival, are non-refundable by either System Driving School, their Instructors or DVSA.
The duration of driving lessons is generally one or two hours and this is to be agreed upon with the instructor.
Photographs and In-Car Training Videos
You agree to allow Laugh ‘n’ Pass /or the instructor to post pictures of your driving test pass on our social media pages.
As stated previously Laugh ‘ n’ Pass administration takes directly only the booking reservation fee if applicable, This fee is broken down into two parts: administration and referral fee. It is equivalent to payment for the first two hours. The instructor in the first lesson will take no payment from you. This payment is made via bank transfer, details will be provided by Laugh ‘n’ Pass Administration. All further payments are made to the instructor.
If no reservation fee is payable then payment for the two hours should be made directly to the instructor on the first lesson.
- have no cash value and must be redeemed against driving lessons only.
- are not transferable once they have been redeemed.
- are only available to be redeemed once per pupil
- are valid for six months from date of purchase
- can only be redeemed once and will be withheld by the instructor once presented
- can be redeemed when / assigned to an instructor when such instructor/s are available to take said vouchers/lessons
- only entitle the user to the hours stated on the voucher
- users must have a relevant driving licence to redeem said voucher
- proof of purchase may be required
- An e-Voucher entitles the named pupil the offer with Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving School .
- They cannot be exchanged for cash
- They have no cash value
- These e-vouchers can only be redeemed once.
- To redeem the voucher, it must be advised at the time of the booking via the Laugh ‘n’ Pass School Office 07810877299
- Only one e-Voucher is valid for the named pupil only and cannot be transferred
- Issued e-Vouchers cannot be accepted after the expiry date displayed on the voucher
- Duplication of any e-Voucher will deem the original e-Voucher invalid
- All e-Voucher users must have a relevant driving licence in order to redeem the voucher
- We reserve the right to alter, cancel or amend these terms and conditions without notice
The cost of prepaid driving lessons is based on the lesson price in force at the time of booking and, with the exception of the circumstances set out below, will be honoured for 12 months thereafter irrespective of any price increase that may occur between the date of booking and when the lessons are taken. Any unused lessons remaining after 12 months have elapsed shall have any lesson price increase applied prior to the lessons which shall become payable by you.
Circumstances where, if you have prepaid, you will be either be required to pay an additional amount beyond the cost of your pre-paid lessons or receive a refund of some of your prepayments (as applicable):
- Where you have moved postcode area and requested reallocation to another instructor because your current instructor does not operate in the new postcode area, you will be required to cover any difference in the hourly rate between those instructors where your new instructor charges a higher hourly rate or, where your instructor charges a lower rate, you will be refunded the difference.
- Where you have requested to switch instructors within the same postcode area and your new instructor charges a higher hourly rate than your previous instructor, you will be required to pay the difference in the hourly rate or, where your instructor charges a lower rate, receive a refund of the difference.
- Where you have requested to switch instructors in the same postcode area and your new instructor charges a supplement (for example an additional fee for tuition in a car with automatic transmission), you will be required to pay any such supplement.
- Where you have not undertaken any lessons for a period of three months and have been reallocated an instructor after a price rise in tuition has taken place you will be required to pay the difference in price for your remaining lessons.
- Where you have purchased lessons with a trainee instructor and, at your request, you are reallocated to a fully qualified instructor you will be required to pay the difference in the hourly rate between those instructors.
Special offers and discounts
Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving School from time to time advertise offers and discounts to new and existing learner pupils on learning to drive and other related products. Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving School reserves the right to introduce, amend and withdraw any special offers from time to time.
Introductory offers are only available to new learner pupils, cannot be used in conjunction with other offers and are not transferable.
Any such offers are only valid for participating instructors in the offers scheme.
Refund policy and warranty
You are entitled to cancel driving lessons at any time and providing the adequate notice was given. if payment was made as a block payment then this will not be affected.
If you have not taken any lesson(s) at the time of cancellation and providing 48 hours’ notice has been given, the instructor will be responsible to give a full refund of any amount paid directly to Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving School, It will then be the instructor’s responsibility to reclaim monies from Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving school directly. The payment back to the instructor is at the discretion of Laugh ‘n’ Pass and may incur deductions for administration and referral fees.
- If you have taken lesson(s) at the time of cancellation you will not be eligible for a refund on any lessons taken, including the booking fee (if applicable).
- If you have taken lesson (s) at the time of cancellation you will be required to gain any refund from the driving instructor directly, as he/she would be in receipt of the complete booking payment (as per Payment and Lesson bookings above)
- Where it is possible to do so, your instructor will refund you using the same method you used to pay for your lessons when you made the payment. If for any reason we are unable to do this, your instructor reserves the right to refund you by any other method we deem appropriate.
- Refunds may take up to 10 working days to reach you or your account.
- Refund of partial block booking will be made pro rata on any lessons not taken.
- In the event of a ‘buy one get one free offer, no refund will take place once the first lesson has been taken.
- If you have paid using a prepaid gift card or voucher, your instructor will not be able to proceed to any refund after the redemption of the card or voucher.
Transfer of driving lessons and training
You cannot sell or transfer lessons to any other person, which have been purchased in your name.
you cannot take driving lessons with two different instructors at the same time
Instructors cannot transfer you to another instructor without prior notice.
Limitation of liability
Your instructor and/or System Driving School Limited are not liable to you for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by the relevant person or body;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach;
- any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by you
- any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body.
Your instructor and/or Laugh ‘n Pass Driving School shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have including, without limitation, lost profits, lost earnings, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
You are reminded that Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving School is not party to the contract for driving tuition itself, which is between you and your instructor. This does not affect any liability that Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving School may have for any loss or damage you may incur which is caused directly as a result of any breach (including negligence) by it or them of any legal duty owed by it or them to you.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
Your instructor will carry the appropriate motor insurance, should you be involved in a collision as a learner driver while in control of driving the instructor’s tuition vehicle.
Short notice test
A short notice test is when there are four weeks or less from the date of the first planned lesson to the date of your booked test.
A short notice test package consists of 10 hours of instructor and tuition vehicle time as a minimum. This includes a 2-hour driving assessment and a further 3 hours covering the day of your driving test.
As a minimum, you will need to pay for 10 hours of tuition before any lessons can be booked.
Additional hours purchased within the short notice test period as defined above will be charged at the instructor’s standard hourly tuition rate plus £5.
If you fail your test and require additional lessons these will be charged at your instructor’s standard hourly tuition rate.
If you change your mind and wish to cancel your short notice test package lessons, a minimum of 48 hours cancellation notice is required prior to the initial 2-hour assessment lesson, for a full refund. Please refer to our Cancellation of Lessons and Refund Policy sections, for the standard terms and conditions of our cancellation and refund policy.
During the initial 2-hour assessment lesson you will be evaluated by your instructor. If after the 2-hour assessment lesson the instructor assesses that you are not ready for the test, the instructor is under no obligation to take you to the test. Your instructor will advise you of the next steps needed to become test ready.
The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency stipulate that you need to give three clear working days to cancel or reschedule your test. This means that you may lose your Driving Standards Agency test fee if your instructor says that you are not ready for the test after the initial 2-hour assessment lesson or at any point during your lessons. In these circumstances, neither System Driving School nor your instructor are liable for the PayPal cost of any lost driving test fee.
If you decide to reschedule your test to a later date, you can use the unused pre-paid hour(s) for further tuition toward the new test date within six months of the date of an initial driving lesson.
This offer cannot be taken in conjunction with any other offer.
Law applying to terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
In the event that you have any concerns or complaints about any part of your driving lessons in the first instance, you should contact the driving instructor directly to try to resolve the matter.
Laugh ‘n’ Pass will act ONLY as a mediator between the two parties The outcome resolution is at the discretion of the instructor, Laugh ‘n’ Pass will not override their decision nor make any payment refunds or compensation on their behalf.
If you would like to make Laugh ‘n’ Pass aware of any concerns or complaints you can do so by writing to Laugh ‘n’ Pass at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable endeavours to respond to your written query within 5 working days.
Only if requested by you will carry out an investigation if matters cannot be resolved to your satisfaction. Please note that we will require evidence of any financial transactions and lesson times before we are able to investigate.
In the event that the issue is not resolved Laugh ‘n’ Pass you may contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency on 0300 200 1122 who may be able to help you further.
Any legal pursuit to be taken is to be against the said driving instructor soley through their own self-employed business name. regardless as to whether they use the roof board of Laugh ‘n’ Pass or 1st Drive Forward that is for advertisement purposes only.
Social Media and Public Reviews
It is not acceptable to slander the name of Laugh ‘n’ Pass or 1st Drive Forward when they acted ONY as the agent for the independent driving instructor. All negative reviews will be investigated and legal action could be taken against you. We advise you to write reviews directly to the driving instructors’ independent business.