Updated 23 May 2018. The following informs all Learners of how Laugh ‘n’ Pass and 1st Drive Forward Driving School uses and protects all details that you provide us with when you use this website. Please read the statement below carefully; by accessing the website you show that you understand its nature and adhere to the statement.
Information we require: We may ask for the following information:
- Contact details including email address
- Other details such as address and postcode, , preferences for driving lessons, previous driving history etc.
- Any driving convictions or other important information that may affect your ability or suitability to drive.This information is used so that we can provide the best service possible and cater your driving lessons to your individual needs. As some of the Driving Instructors are only associates of Laugh ‘n’ Pass & 1st Drive Forward Driving School this is what we do with your information. When completing an enquiry through our website you consent that we may pass details of your contact number and address to one of our associated driving instructors. Once this Details are also used for the following:
What we do with the information we gather
- We pass on details that you have provided to Laugh ‘n’ Pass Driving School and 1st Drive Forward to other associated Instructors who may offer service and products to you the learner driver. Instructors using the roof sign of the schools are Sole Traders. They will maintain personal details and progress records related only to driving lessons.
- Internal logging : We may keep your details on file so if you ever need to call us we know who you are and who your driving with so we can help you quicker.
- From time to time you may receive emails about our latest products or deals and offers that may be beneficial to you.
- You may also receive phone calls, SMS or emails for market research purposes. You may also receive courtesy calls if you are a Laugh ‘n’ Pass and 1st Drive Forward’s learner to check if you are happy with the instructor that provides you the service of driving lessons.
Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or desktop computer) and different platforms (e.g., the website ). The information that is collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other platforms.
Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service, such as Fast Pass Driving Courses and Driving Lessons. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, technical and customer support, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
Links: The Service may link to third party services, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
ChildrenThe Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 resident in the EEA or Switzerland. If you become aware that such a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that such a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.If you flag or otherwise complain to us about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- What is a “cookie”?
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be chargeable.
- You may first allow us to use your information for marketing reasons and then change your mind. If this is the case, please inform us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access, we have efficient procedures in place to protect the information we collect online.
- Estimate how many visitors are viewing our website.
- Store information about your preferences which will allow us to customise some web pages to improve your browsing of our website.
- Store information about the pages you visit, so we can build better pathways between pages.
- Store information that allows you to log in to secure areas of the website, and enable the use of electronic billing services.
- If you have any comments, questions and requests regarding cookies, please use the contact details listed on our contact us page to get in touch